Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brunching is the New Black.

This has to be one of my fave spots in Singapore... Fantastic food, ALWAYS great service a menu that I love and a warm yet casual environment that makes you want to come back.

Artichoke cafe located at 161 Middle Road Singapore and is casual dining at it's best... and you get a little surprise in a brown paper bag when you leave... I'll leave you to discover what that is :)


Here is me and my fav: The Grilled Haloumi, Buttered Mushrooms and Avocado on Toasted Bread.  DELISH!  

It's weekend brunch at it's best... the food at Artichoke has a Moroccan influence which really tweaks the usual brunch options and leaves a menu rich in flavour.  I have to say I personally get sick of just 2 eggs for brunch and Artichoke really mixes it up.

The winners on the menu are the baked eggs which are served with Moroccan Meat Balls.... and... if you're game then you should try (share please!) the 'Atomic Bomb' which is a WHOPPING 4 hash brown Club Sandwich - with lamb sausages, bacon chop, mushrooms, fried eggs, maple syrup annnndddd and yes there is an and cheddar cheese sauce! Phew... I'm exhausted even listing the main components of the dish.  Lets just say it's HUGE... 

Brunch is served from 11.30 am - 2.45 pm on the weekend (rather perfect hours if you ask me...) and  Artichoke is also open for dinner - the dinner menu looks really great (I have heard is delish) and changes every month which is great for the regulars.

I love the relaxed atmosphere of this place - the staff are always really friendly... and manager always up for a chat when i pop in - adding a charm and personal touch that sometimes get lost at popular brunch places in Singapore.... So where will you be brunching? Until next time.

T.R xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard Kuo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 2, 2011 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger Richard Kuo said...

really looking forward to your show on AXN Taiwan!

September 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home