Monday, August 22, 2011

Journey into Malaysia - Part 2!

Malaysia... you are stealing my heart a little more each time.. Thank you!

I am back in Singapore now after an absolutely whirl wind shooting schedule for the second part of 'Hot-Spot Malaysia' special I am shooting for AXN.

My journey took me back to the capital Kuala Lumpur for 2 days to shoot art galleries, Botanical Gardens and Forests... it is here that myself and the crew started singing the LMFAO song 'Everyday I'm Shuffling' and made it the theme tune for the first part of our shoot - this was because on shoot in the forest we were SURROUNDED by hundreds of mosquitoes and it was the shuffle dance move that seemed to save us... Well that's what we think anyway.

Survival kit! A MUST for shooting in DENSE forest!

We moved from KL onwards to visit the Batu Caves - a sacred Hindi site locate 13 kilometers out of KL.  Then it was on with the shoot to Putrajaya the Eco-friendly city and The Elephant Sanctuary!!! YES I GOT TO RIDE AN ELEPHANT!  How was it? I felt like I was sitting on a wooden bench.  Riding an Elephant bare back was a little tough on the bottom but the first time in my life I have ever been so close to an Elephant - an experience I will never forget.

Batu Caves... I'm at the entrance and EXCITED! 

Stunning!
The view from our travel van to Putrajaya

I got to ride one of these boys bare back! It was AMAZING. 
STUNNING CREATURES

We moved on from KL to Pangkor Island... a journey that took 4 hours of traveling by road - so lots of i-pod shuffle time... and then from the land a 30 minute ferry journey.  Pangkor Island is a tropical and luxurious paradise - 90% of the island is forest.... and the monkey here are SO smart I was told by the hotel staff that some of them stole visitors underwear, put them on and jumped into the pool!!! Seriously!!!


We all live in a Yellow SUBMARINE... My HOT ride to Pangkor Island!

Then it was the Banjaran Thermal Hot Springs Retreat... with crystal caves, thermal baths sitting at 41 degrees, yoga classes, massages, GREAT food and a stunning setting... FYI:  The theme song the crew and I sung over the 2 days we were shooting here was the theme tune to Jurassic Park!

Crystal Meditation Caves.

My Villa - It was the size of a house with a pool and a personal thermal spring spa!

The view of the stunning surroundings over the pool.

Whilst on shoot... Finding the light.

Shot inside Jeff's Cellar a wine bar inside a cave underground. Pretty amazing.



I had a fantastic time time exploring the luxurious side of KL... it's art galleries and shopping spots the resorts, Eco-tourism spots and having a fantastic time with the crew who kept me laughing with the theme songs we came up with over each leg of the journey.
Well... that's it for now... I am back in Malaysia in just under 2 weeks from round 3 of our shoot!

Bring it on.

T.R xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home