Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tales My Mother Told Me...

Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to travel to Myanmar (Burma).  This country has filled my thoughts, my imagination and my dreams for years.  I needed to visit the country that has always felt a part of me.  A country that my mother was born in... A country that holds a piece of my heart.

Earlier this year I took a trip to Myanmar.  It was a home coming of sorts.  A trip that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Myanmar is incredibly untouched - there is a sense in the countries capital of Yangon that it has been frozen in time... There is a real absence of  Western influence that has penetrated so many South East Asian countries and even wandering the streets you get the feeling that you are exploring unchartered territory.  It a very very special country.

I was lucky to write a feature article in the Jul/Aug issue of VIP Magazine on my journey (homecoming of sorts) I hope you enjoy as much as I did.






T.R xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home