Sunday, September 18, 2011

In the Jungle the Mighty Jungle...

This week I went JUNGLE...

It was the final week on my AXN E-buzz shoot and our location for the week was Borneo!  Now lets say after having spent weeks strutting the streets of Kuala Lumpur, discovering Malacca, Penang and Ipoh and swimming in the stunning waters of Redang and Langkawi I was feeling like this week on shoot would be the most challenging.  I have to admit the week before I had been a little spoilt! Living it up in Redang and Langkawi was paradise and this week the 5 star resorts and white sand was going to be replaced with thick jungle, humidity and lots of insects!

This week I hiked through the Kota Kinabulu nature reserve, watched Orangutans in their natural habitat, immersed myself in the culture and customs of the Mari Mari and Iban tribes, rode in Long boats... and... had a frightening experience and was rushed to the medical clinic after being stung by a bee whilst mid shoot in the Caves in Mulu Mulu National Park. NOT FUN.  Overall it was a fantastic experience and with the medical emergencies, numerous flights and stunning locations thrown in I really did have an adventure.

Here are my highlights:

Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre Sepilok
Mari Mari Cultural Village Sabah

On the way to explore the caves in Mulu Mulu National Park

The beautiful traditional wear from Iban tribes

I get to dress up :)


I have had an AMAZING time exploring Malaysia over the past few months. It has been a once in a lifetime experience. I have explored places in a stunning country that I never knew existed and met friendly wonderful people along the way. What a journey.  I take with me some of the best travel memories made and of course am blessed to have had the opportunity to work with such a talented director and production team.  Until the next adventure...

T.R xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home