Saturday, December 17, 2011

I fly... You fly?

I will admit I was booked in to skydive when I lived in Sydney - On a whim and incredibly out of character I was asked to accompany a friend jumping out of a plane and I said YES!
LUCKY for me... There was an electrical storm when I arrived at base camp and the sky dive was called off! AMEN....

What is the point of the story you ask?... Well I guess it's to share with you that I am petrified of extreme adventure activities where I don't have control - so Bungee Jumping, Base Jumping, Heli Skiing and Wingsuit Flying don't fall in my top list of things to do... I can't even go on rollercoasters without feeling like I may die!

So... How would I fare when it came to iFly... What is iFly - well its sky diving without any of the fear... Hmmm... I was still  incredibly nervous!

Me in all my iFly kit!



Basically the way iFly works is that you free fall into a wind tunnel that is 56.5 ft tall - the wind blows at around 150 kilometers an hour and so you experience the feeling you would of floating on the wind but without the GUT dropping feeling that you are falling to the earth.


Lets just say... I LOVED it! For some reason in all my photos are was grinning directly at the camera every time! Ha ha... always camera ready even when mid air!  You should give it a try!

T.R xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home